- +91 354 2252550
St. Joseph’s College provides the students all necessary assistance and opportunities for their intellectual, emotional, spiritual and skill development. The key objectives of this are to provide value-based education that would enable the students to finally transform themselves into agents of social change. With this goal in mind, the College offers the following programmes:
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) : Students interested in a military career, in their character formation and training in disciplined life are encouraged to join the college units of the NCC (Boys and Girls).
- National Service Scheme (NSS) : Students interested in helping the less privileged people in society, in learning team work and in developing their character and personality are encouraged to join the college unit of the NSS.
- All India Catholic University Students Federation (AICUF.) : Students who would like to develop a critical and creative approach to life, involve in studies and activities linked to broader social issues and struggles with a view to become a constructive force within the college and outside, are encouraged to join the AICUF unit, irrespective of their religions.
- Current Affairs Forum (CAF) : It aims to make our students aware of the changing socio-political, cultural and economic trends by organizing seminars, and by creating wall paper magazines and project works.
- Nature Club : This club was set up to generate environmental awareness amongst members of the College community through participation in various activities in and around the College.
- Information and Technology Club (ITC) : The ITC is organized and conducted by the Department of Computer Science /Application. ITC tries to bring about awareness about the latest developments in the field of IT through seminars, quiz and other such programmes.
- Film Club : Established in May 2004, the Film Club is the forum that enables the students understand the meaning of education. Its logo is FFOCUS- Film Focus on Challenging an Unjust Society and its aims are:
- Critically evaluating the relevance of education at the undergraduate level,
- To sensitize the academic community about the structural biases in society,
- To promote current debates centering visual representation,
- To build visual archives in the hills, particularly in respect to its history and developments.
- Management Club : The Management Club was started by the Department of BBA to learn the skills of management through practical exercises, and provide students exposure to various industries through industrial visits.
- Cultural Programmes : Apart from the above activities, the college organizes various cultural programmes such as quiz competitions, one-act plays, debates, elocutions, extempore contests, seminars, workshops, etc., on departmental or inter-departmental basis.
- Sports and Games : Sports and games are part of College life. These are organized periodically and all students are encouraged to take part in them.
- Music Club : The Club was established in 2012 as a platform for students with interest in music. The club members are also the official college choir and as such perform in all college functions.