- +91 354 2252550
ACCREDITATED BY NAAC WITH GRADE ‘A’ (CYCLE 2)
Rules & Regulations Links
The Father John Whelan Library
- The College Library has more than 50,000 volumes and subscribes to a number of professional journals. The library is open on all working days from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., except for lunch break (12 noon to 1:00 p.m.) and from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on Saturdays. Library membership is given to the first year students when they receive the college identity cards. The members of the college alumni/ae association are allowed to use the reference section of the library with the prior permission of the Principal.
- No student is allowed to enter the library without Identity Card and library card. Outsiders should not be brought to the library.
- Library is a place for serious self-study. All must maintain a conducive atmosphere for silent study. Disturbance of any kind is strictly forbidden. Those who violate the rule of silence may be asked to leave the library.
- Library cards are not to be transferred or exchanged or shared. One can return other's book(s) and thereafter, return the card(s) to the owner.
- One should examine the condition of the book(s) while borrowing and report to the Librarian/Library Attendant immediately if any damage is noticed. Books are to be handled carefully. The borrower will be responsible for any damage or mutilation of the borrowed books.
- Books and magazines are issued from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. No books or magazine will be issued between 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon and from 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Books borrowed by a student must be returned within 14 days, failing which a fine of Rs. 05 per day per book will be charged which must be paid in the Accounts Office. The receipt is to be submitted to Library along with the book under fine.
- Students must return all the borrowed books in order to get library clearance before receiving their admit cards for University Examinations. All the books and cards are to be returned to the library before withdrawing from the college in order to get the final clearance. Appropriate fine will be charged if the cards are not returned on time.
- Borrowed books are to be returned in the morning-9:00 to 11:30 a.m. and Library books are to be borrowed in the afternoon-1:00 to 3:00 p.m. There will be no circulation of books (issue/return) on Saturday.
- To borrow a book, students should consult the catalogue and thereafter fill up a requisition slip (IN CAPITAL LETTERS) and submit it in the requisition stand provided at the circulation desk.
- Students who submit the requisition slip before Lunch Hour may collect books in the afternoon (1:00 to 3:00 p.m.) and those who submit the requisition slip after Lunch Hour may collect the books the following afternoon (1:00 to 3:00 p.m.) No book will be kept reserved for a further period.
- Student may seek assistance of the library staff for the use of book-catalogue and / or filling up the requisition slip.
- Reference books and rare books for consultation will be issued only on submission of a pink coloured consultation card. These books will not be lent out, even in the lunch hour.
- Loss of any library card must be reported to the Librarian immediately in writing. A new card(s) may be issued after paying Rs. 20 per new card. The amount has to be paid in the College Account Office and the receipt must be submitted to the Librarian.
All Rights Reserved [St. Joseph's College]. Website Design and Development Service Provided By Techno Developers Group.